Thursday, September 15, 2016

Solo Trip - 6 Tuesday

I won’t bore everyone with details about my first day in Colorado. Other than sites preplanned on my agenda and a few extras, it went pretty smoothly.

Side note...The fog in the mornings (if it rained) enhanced some views. And I loved the colors...


I woke up about 4:30 am each day because my body thought it was 6:30 am. That did come with perks. I beat all the traffic as there were few people on the roads. And with my hotel's location, I had to do extra driving that wasn’t factored into my agenda before I left home.

I had an appointment on Tuesday with the operations manager at the Alpine Recycling facility in Denver. I planned it about a month in advance. I’ll save y’all from scrolling through photos of trash and the like. I understand not everyone is as excited about conservation as I am…LOL. But here is Brent and me!

  He let me keep the vest!! Woohoo!!


After that, I made my way to Denver. The only planned site I wanted to see was the Molly Brown house (Kathy Bates' charactor portraid her in 'Titanic'). Turns out, the writers and directors took liberties with Molly. She was actually nothing like she was portrayed in that movie. I’ll spare you the details. Try google.

          

If you look closely in the stained glass photo, you can see the tour guide's hand motioning me to follow her, "We mus'n't dilly dally. Please stay with the group", she'd said. LOL

                    

  
This chair was actually used by the Secretary of War (Edwin Stanton) during Abraham Lincoln's presidency. Pretty cool stuff.

Then I figured I'd check out Denver...

Go Broncos!!!



Next, I decided I'd head to Boulder. That's home to NCAR, the National Center for Atmospheric Research. Again, more "green" stuff. Google can explain it better than I ever could. :)


Here are a few views from outside this facility...


   

ME!!!

  

  

After I left there, I found this...Tuesday turned out to be like work...LOL


After that, I drove to Red Rock. It's a bunch of rocks thrown together, just so, that made it the perfect and natural accoustic ampitheater. It was very cool to visit the surrounding area but they wouldn't let me in the theater itself. Some band from the '90's (The GooGoo Dolls) were playing that evening...Hahaha




That was a long day. I headed back to my hotel after that...

Tuesday was pretty uneventful. Other than viewing all the beauty God painted and gave to us...

Wednesday, though. Wednesday was something else entirely...hahaha

To be continued... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment